31.10.09

Who What Wear Book Signing

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


This past Thursday, my friends and I eagerly went to Miami's design district to get my Who What Wear book signed by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power. Shockingly, we got there and there was almost no one, because the Miami population is mostly about parties and little about fashion. So we walk in nervously and I see them, the two girls that I had admired for almost a year were right in front of me. I was stupidly starstruck but the two girls were so nice that I felt comfortable around them. They asked my name and they tried to make small talk. Then, the highest point of the whole meeting was when the one and only Katherine Power asked to take a picture of us because we were "so darn cute". So she takes a picture of us and puts it on twitter! Overall, the day was great and I even had time to slip in a few interview questions.

Isabella: Why don't you have a twitter?
Hillary: Well, I've always been the one that doesn't like technology that much. I was one of the last ones to get an email, I don't have a TV and Katherine was the one that convinced me to finally upgrade to a blackberry.

Why did you guys decide to make Who What Wear?
Katherine and Hillary: Well we met at Elle and became friends from there, then we started noticing the large amounts of celebrity gossip sites but the lack of fashion sites. We decided to become the Perez Hilton's of the fashion industry and show day to day fashion looks on celebrities.

What do you want to be for Halloween?
Katherine: Well my boyfriend looks a little like Don Draper from Mad Men so I'm trying to convince him to dress up like him so I can be Betty and have an excuse to buy a cute vintage frock.

Random fact:
Hillary used to be a cheerleader when she was younger.

Us on Katherine Power's twitter page.

8 comments:

  1. awww u look amazing! i wish i could meet them one day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I would have been so nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so cute. i love the skirt and shoes!!!

    i wish i had a chance to meet these girls. so cool what they've done.
    going from the magazine world to really pioneer fashion news sites on the web. they deserve all their success.

    i hope those forever21 sweaters are quality! i would like to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your site via Katherine Power's twitpic, and you and your friends DO look very cute! Love all your outfits that day...and that was an awesome interview! I work for a magazine now and can definitely see you working at one in the future... :) keep up the great work with your site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look supercute and I love their style...is the book good?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw this on Katherine's twitter and love your shoes!! where are they from? im dying to find a cute pair like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me very happy! If I see you commented I will take a look at your blog for sure. Thanks guys! xoxoxo